Oh man, we just got hit by the cold bug again this Winter. But this time I feel much more prepared. I have been filling up my system with various kinds of defences. Here is a list of my favorite Winter supplements and ingredients to have on hand when my family is down in out.
These are all things I feel comfortable giving my kids as well.
Top 10 Tips and Health Boosters For The Common Cold
- If you have a sore throat make some lemon and raw honey tea to coat it and warm up the body.
- For dinner make your favorite broth using vegetables, miso and sea salt. Add loads of raw garlic.
- Grind up your own dried mushrooms - try reishi, cordyceps, chaga and maitake. Or buy them already powdered. Add to soup, smoothies or tea/tonics.
- Vitamin D and C are essential as well. Get some fresh air and sunshine. Guzzle some OJ or take a supplement.
- Wellness shots (aka Ginger Shots) are all the rage right now, which is a trend I'm all about. These shots usually always contain ginger. But definitely try the ones with turmeric, oregano oil/extra and cayenne. Whole Foods and other health food stores now serve these fresh. Just ask the juice bar.
- Elderberry I swear is so good for sinusus. We swear by the kid's stuff.
- Warm baths with eucalyptus are great for kids and moms. Or add it to your diffuser at night. I actually just tried these quick blast soft chews that are awesome! I highly recommend them.
- Neti pots are wonderful, too. Have you tried them?
- We love the Honest Company Breathe Easy rub for the kids.
- Thieves oil can be used with a carrier oil and applied to the bottoms of kiddo's feet at bedtime. This can help during cold and flu season.
Hope you are feeling better already....!