While most of the country is pulling out their sweaters and scarves and ordering pumpkin lattes to warm up from autumn's cool breeze, us So Cal kids are still in summer mode. With our heat-wave only just starting to give us a little break, we're staying cool by the ocean and of course drinking mass quantities of Juli's melon slushy ;)
Although I lathered my non-nano zinc sunscreen on my arms and legs (I use Badger Balm when I'm going to be out all day in the water and a hat will not do the trick) I somehow forgot my face. And, the result was not pretty. Milan kept asking, "mommy, why is your face like an apple?!"
I have not been sunburned in ages, but this hurt and my entire head felt hot. There was no way I was waiting for it to peel and itch and drive me crazy, oh and not to mention, ruin my skin, so I whipped up this little organic concoction.
If you're still having fun in the sun, you can try this for an after-too-much-sun balm. Also, I like to suggest this recipe for the ski season as well; many people get facial burns from the sun refection in the snow.
What You'll Need:
- 6 inches of organic or pesticide free aloe washed and chopped into one inch slices
- 1/4 cup cucumber
- 1/2 cup organic coconut oil
- 10 drops organic lavender oil
- 1 teaspoon Sovereign Silver salve (optional)
Putting It All Together:
1. Have your blender on hand.
2. Pour coconut oil into blender.
3. Place lavender drops in blender.
4. Toss chopped aloe and cucumber in.
5. Blend until mixture is creamy and smooth, but do not allow to bubble or this will begin "cooking" the ingredients.
6. Add silver if you wish.
7. Place in refrigerator until completely cooled.
1. Once cooled, apply generously.
2. Only leave on for about ten minutes. Aloe may irritate the skin if too much is used and once the coconut oil warms up it can have the opposite affect on the skin (skin is hot, skin can cook the oil).