These garlic potatoes are one of my favorite recipes. I think it's the raw garlic and the sea salt that really do the trick. Or maybe it's the parsley? These little potatoes are so easy to make - they make a perfect pot luck favorite. Or as a side dish to any protein.
No baking or frying. Just boiled potatoes.
I first had something similar years ago at my mom's house. I was hooked. I couldn't stop eating them and scooping the dressing into my mouth by the spoonful. I love potatoes baked though and we eat those a lot. So every once in awhile I whip this recipe out with a side salad. But beware - much like a bag of potato chips or popcorn - you might devour the entire bowl full if you don't pay attention. Luckily this recipe is full of really healthy ingredients.
Garlic & Parsley PeeWee Potato Recipe
Yields 4 side dishes
- 1 1/2 lbs peewee (baby) potatoes (I like to slice some of the larger ones but leave little ones whole)
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 5-6 large cloves raw garlic
- Put potatoes into a pot. Completely cover the potatoes with water.
- Boil the potatoes for about 15-20 minutes. They will be soft but still firm (not falling apart). - until soft.
- Strain out the boiling water.
- Then mix the rest of the ingredients in a bowl with potatoes. Toss them in the mixture over and over again while getting the rest of dinner ready.
- Salt and pepper to taste and serve warm or room temp.