Fancy Oven Baked Sprouted Granola
• 1/2 cup millet, soaked in water for 1-2 hours and rinsed
• 1/2 cup buckwheat, soaked in water for 1-2 hours and rinsed
• 1 Tbsp. chia seeds, soaked in water for 10 minutes
• 1 cup certified gluten-free oats
• 1/2 cup sprouted sunflower seeds (you can buy these, sprout yourself, or just use raw seeds)
• 2 vanilla beans
• 1 tsp. cinnamon
• 1/3 cup coconut sugar
• 2 heaping Tbsp. good quality organic honey
• 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
• 1 pinch sea salt
*Try to use organic options when possible.
1. First set the millet and buckwheat aside and let it soak in water for at least an hour. Do the same with the chia seeds, except for 10 minutes.
2. In a food processor, chop up the oats and sunflower seeds until they are evenly distributed and chopped but not so much they are turned into a flour (about 10 seconds).
3. Add chia seeds, coconut sugar, honey and melted coconut oil. Pulse again until thoroughly mixed (like 5-10 seconds).
4. Add the rest of the ingredients and pulse one last time until the mixture is evenly combined (again about 5-10 seconds).
5. Put mixture onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. If you don’t have parchment paper try and grease the pan a bit using a coconut oil spray or just rub coconut oil with a towel.
6. Cook at 350 degrees F for about 30 minutes. Please stir the mixture with a spatula every 5 minutes or so.
7. Let cool and enjoy. Store in a dry container in the fridge for a long shelf life.
For more banter and a few extra photos you can check out the Honest Company Blog's original post.