I think clean eating and detox is on everybody's minds seeing that it's January and all (remember those new years resolutions?). But who wants to think about smoothies, juicing and cold raw food when its fareeezzing outside? I have some good new for you. Did you know that raw ginger root and raw garlic make you feel warm inside even when the dish is actually cold or room temp? It's true!
And this warming carrot ginger soup recipe is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. Go ahead Try it. The soup also has raw jalapeño in there as well which really adds to the heat. Add avocado and you've got a really great healthy, delicious meal.
Detoxing doesn't alway have to met juicing or fasting. Your body often lacks hydration, adequate minerals, vitamins, enzymes and other nutrients that a raw food diet is abundant in. Giving your system a week of these energizing, high energy, living, vibrant foods and not filling it with sodium, fake foods, meat, dairy and overly cooked (lifeless and dull) foods is just the change you need.
Start with this carrot ginger soup recipe. And just feel the life and energy you get from it. I always feel so clean, alert and healthy after eating it. Let me know what you think. I'm curious if your body feels the same way?
No cooking necessary - just a quick mix in the blender and you're good to go! No dishes, no scrubbing, no big mess! Top with your favorite things like fresh herbs, sprouts, or even some cashew cream.
If you want to do an easy 4 day raw food cleanse which includes some smoothies but mainly soups likes this and salad, you can buy my ebook for vibrant recipes, inspiration, words of wisdom, tips and step by step 4 day detox menu.
Warming Carrot Ginger Soup
yields 2 bowls
- 10-12 oz fresh pressed carrot juice
- pinch sea salt
- 1/2 small jalapeño, sliced and chopped
- 2 cloves raw garlic, pressed
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger root
- squeeze of fresh lemon and orange juice
- 1-2 Tbsp shallots, mined and chopped
- 1/4 avocado, sliced
- garnish: fresh herbs, sprouts
- In a high speed blender add all of the ingredients except for the avocado and the garnish.
- Blend on low and then medium to high slowly. Blend for about 20 seconds until creamy and well combined. It might foam, but that's ok.
- Add slices of avocado to each bowl and top with fresh herbs and sprouts.