Move over Velveeta we've gotta a healthier version of your cheese dip; just in time for Super Bowl. This dip is so addicting, you might need to double the recipe if you're having company.
Roasted Red Bell Pepper Cashew Cheese Dip is my new favorite appetizer. Not only is it inexpensive and easy to make, it also tastes like cheese dip. No saturated animal fats or fake ingredients. Its smokey roasted flavors make it unique and delicious.
This roasted red bell pepper cheese sauce is not only good as a dip it can also be used as a cheese in lasagna or as a cream sauce for spaghetti. The recipe calls for only a few ingredients. At my house this is a staple sauce but I play around with the flavors to mix things up a bit.
Have you ever made a cashew cheese sauce before? If not then start here - all it takes is a few healthy ingredients and a quick blend in the blender and voila...you're all set. Impress (or trick, rather) your friends at your next Superbowl party!
Roasted Red Bell Pepper "Cheese" Dip
yields 10 ounces
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews
- 1 roasted red bell pepper
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp sea salt (adjust to taste)
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 squirt hot sauce like sriracha or dried chili peppers
- 1/4 tsp liquid smoke
- In a high speed blender add all of the ingredients. Blend until super duper creamy.
- If you don't not have a high speed blender like a Vitamix, you will have to soak the cashews for at least an hour before making the cheese dip.